Friday, June 5, 2009

Desiring God

This last week I have found myself beginning to get stressed out about the finances of our household. This has led to feeling the stress of being a great provider for my family, which is something I take very seriously. As I was studying I looked up a great verse that brought a whole lot of comfort to me, and I pray that as you read this, it bring a whole lot of comfort to you, and whatever your stress is for the day, let this verse interrupt it and transform your way of thinking. Here it is -

Mathew 6:19 - 21
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth or rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also.

I promise you that one day we are going to see Heaven! Don't get stressed out or anxious about some of the issues that are going on in life right now. Rather, stay focused on what lies before you, a promise from God that you will one day spend eternity with Him. No more tears, no more disease, no more worry. God loves you more today than ever before. Stay focused on Him.

No comments: