Friday, January 8, 2010

Relationship?

It's the 8th day of the new decade! We have all sat down and aligned our new goals and vision for the future. I established great goals for my family, my physical (tough)..ok (in tough shape) physique, my future business adventure, my finances, and my friendships. These are all great things to re - calibrate year to year. But what about your relationship with God? I would say that is the most important aspect of our year to year operation. I read a verse the other day that broke my heart and made me think. Here it is - Mathew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Our relationship with God is by far, the most important thing we should capitalize on daily. I have botched this so many times, and believe me, I still don't have it down to a science. Relationship is something that takes time, sacrifice, determination, and energy. This year I want to know God better than I ever have before, that is my main goal for this decade.

No comments: