Friday, January 11, 2008

Ridding The G.U.N.K.

Toilet Meets Basement Story – Last year we had a very interesting excursion at our home. It was a Saturday night and we were enjoying our weekend. The kids were running around the house laughing and giggling playing merrily, Annie was in the kitchen cooking and cleaning, and I was sitting on the couch. It was certainly the perfect weekend. We were all getting ready for bed and I thought that maybe I had smelled some very awkward smells, but really didn’t think to much about it because at our house there are always some smells that don’t get identified. So we went to bed. The next morning we woke up and that awkward smell was definitely a little stronger. But we needed to get ready for church and head out the door. So out the door we went.
When we arrived back home that smell was consuming our entire home. It literally made your nose nauseous. So I followed the smell. It led me to our crawl space, which is huge. There under the crawl space I saw something that to this day still haunts me. I saw a mound of toilet paper and poop floating in my basement because the toilet pipeline obviously had some buildup that accumulated over time and eventually ended up in my basement.
Our lives are like these pipes, if we are not careful, G.U.N.K (Godless, Unclean, Nasty, Klingons) will buildup in our lives and keep us from flowing freely. With this new year we have the opportunity to plunge these things that clog us up and flow freely. We may need to plunge a few times this year, but don't get discouraged, when you feel those Godless, Unclean, Nasty Klingons grab ahold of your heart, mind, and spirit, grab for the plunger and give em a couple plunges. James 1:21 says "So get rid of all that is wrong in your life both inside and outside and humbly be glad for the wonderful message we have received, for it is able to save our souls as it takes hold of our hearts."

2 comments:

Praise Him said...

I LOVED THE TEACHING IN THIS ONE!!!!
You are a very inspiring guy! Its amazing how well you can relate to so many teenagers and many other people!
Thank you Kevin once again It felt so good to plunge away everything that I was holding against my mother and everything that has happend in my past!

Anonymous said...

GROSS!