Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Popcorn! Really? Popcorn!?

Popcorn! How in the world did I get the idea to write about popcorn? Seriously! I like a good bowl of popcorn from time to time. There is nothing like the smell that fills the room, the creamy butter that you can melt and dump on top of the lonely little white kernels, and every once in a while you get that annoying piece stuck on the back of your throat and you honestly feel like you are going to die because you can't cough enough to get it off your throbbing tonsils. I have always eaten popcorn the same way. Lots of Butter, and medium salt. That's my normal menu when it comes to popcorn. But this month my popcorn world was flipped upside down. I went to a popcorn stand that I thought was just the normal popcorn, but when I took my first bite, something amazing happened in my field of taste buds. It was no normal piece of popcorn, not even close! It was this amazing burst of creamy ranch flavor that I was not expecting, but after I finished my bag I was shocked! I was excited! I was pumped up and couldn't wait to get another bag of that flavor of popcorn. So here is the flavor I am trying to pour on you today. When life seems to be the same day after day, don't be afraid to switch up the flavor. There are so many things that life has to offer, and so many opportunities, but sometimes it means switching your flavor.

11 comments:

qingblog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

Life is full of learning and growing. Thanks Pastor Kevin, this makes perfect sense... if we always do things the same way, we become numb to them and can get very stuck... As Christians, we need to expand our horizons, we need to keep growing, we need to be open minded, and open hearted. Just as the Matthew West song goes... I don't want to go through the motions, I don't want to live one more day, without your all-consuming, passion inside of me... I don't want to live my life just going through the motions of my Christianity. I want to spread His love to all, I want to be a contagious Christian, not one who just only eats the buttered popcorn and gets stuck in that rutt. Thanks Kevin! Great post!

-Kristen

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

Misgi Candra Dasa said...

nice blog
visit my blog
http://misgicandra.blogspot.com

sbo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Makes me hungry ;) :)

gokil aja said...

i like nice post ^^

deha our bati said...

so nice blog

quad bike safari said...

Really excellent blog post.

quad bike safari

charley said...

So, why did you quit writing your blog?!? I am a new pastor in Alaska; we just moved here in November of 2013. I've tried blogging in the past and for various reasons have stopped. I've had photo blogs, devotional blogs, evangelistic blogs....and I've always stopped. Now....the beauty of this place has inspired me to start again. My new blog is called "Photos from the Journey." That's all....just photos of the area around our church and home...and some ramblings about what I see around me, if you want to check it out.

Unknown said...

You know Charlie, I really don't know why I stopped writing my blog. There have been many life changes that have happened, things that I could blog about for hours. I may need to pick it up again :)